Thursday, October 15, 2009

Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness

I want to take a moment to acknowledge Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Day. And recognize each of you that have been through a pregnancy or infant loss. I know how hard it is. And I know that even though there is an “awareness” day that people who have not been through it would prefer to be unaware (with the exception of the IF community;o).

Did you know that JFK and Jackie suffered multiple losses? Jackie had a miscarriage in 1955, and a still birth in 1956. In 1963 their son, Patrick, was born 5 weeks premature and passed away when he was 39 days old due to complications. He passed just a couple of months before the assassination. I can’t imagine the hurt that Jackie must have felt.

For those that have experienced a loss, my thoughts are with you today. Know that I know your pain. I know that you learn how to be functional again in the wake of a loss, but the true raw ache never really goes away.

If you want to take a moment to remember a loss, please feel free to do so here. No emotion is off limits here, ever.

1 comment:

AnxiousMummyto3 said...

That was really interesting about JFK and Jackie I never knew that. Thanks for acknowledging this important day.
Take care sweetie :)
Rosie