Wednesday, June 16, 2010

L&D? Is that like D&B?

27w1d
The fun times just never end over here in my faux-functional gestation. Over the weekend there was more spotting. End of story. Thanks for playing. Please come again.

I am a broken record with this spotting business. It happened on Saturday, more than I've had in the past. I called Dr. POC to have her paged, but she had another doctor covering for her. I explained to him my whole disfunctional history of unexplained spotting. He told me to get thy ass to L&D to get checked. I, however, did not. I decided to keep an eye on it (which I didn't have any more over the weekend, so I wasn't worried about it).

Monday morning, I called my doctors office to let them know what had happened. Turns out Dr. POC was out Monday & Tuesday. I'll give you one guess what the nurses told me to do... Get they ass to L&D. I called the on call doctor back to let him know I'd decided to go, which was when he informed me that he'd talked it over with Dr. POC and she said not to go unless it had continued or gotten worse. So I didn't.

I'm seeing Dr. POC tomorrow for a regular appointment (and gest. diab. test). Am planning on having a serious discussion with her about all of this.

My main concerns are that the spotting stopped for 2 months, but has now started back up again. Is it going to get worse as the hostage gets bigger? And, if we can't figure out why it's happening, then how are we able to predict what will happen in the future?

In the beginning, I was fine with taking things one day at a time. But at this point, call me a nervous Nelly, but I want a healthy baby.

Why would I expect anything less than a faux functional pregnancy? It's awesome that my "normal" is classified as effed up for people with normal pregnancies.


To make up for the stupid look from last week, this one was taken yesterday at 27w



In other news, my feet have completely disappeared from view. I'm hoping the local kids don't get any cow tipping ideas.

1 comment:

AnxiousMummyto3 said...

You look soo pretty! Love you with your glasses on. Hopefully cow-tipping won't come up, though. As for your 'normal' being 'f&*(ed' for any other person, tell me about it. When I got diagnosed with GD at 24 weeks I was devastated. (Don't worry you probably won't have it.) But yeah, I understand you getting that feeling of 'gimme a break!' Hope they get to the bottom of this soon, or it goes away completely.
Did I mention how much I loved your recent comment?? Thankyou :)
xx
Love