Friday, March 12, 2010

Unconvictable

Omg you guys, I finally figured out how to add a ticker to my page. God, I am so smart. And it only took... like... 4 hours and 37 minutes. Wow.

I am not in love with the Lilypie ticker like I am in love with Girl Scout Samoa cookies. So if you've seen a cooler one, please don't hesitate to share.

How can it be that Girl Scout cookie season is upon us just as I start reaching the Terrified of Being a Fatso stage? You see, I've always been a small person, but over the last several weeks I have transformed into quite the heifer. I look similar to what one would look like if they swallowed a hippopotamus. I can't sugar coat the truth peeps, I just can't.

It is this self image that makes me feel like I will go Son of Sam on the next person that says any of the below statements to me.

-"It's okay, you're eating for 2 now!!!" nice way of saying you look like a cow in a tutu.
-"Don't worry, you won't get fat, you'll just look like you swallowed a beach ball." Pressure, anyone?
And... my personal favorite:
-"Oh wow, look at your bump!! I didn't start showing with my first baby until I was 5 months!" The people that say this to me are immediately stabbed in the cornea with a stilleto heel. thankyouverymuch, please come again.

The next person that makes one of these comments to me will find an ice pick lodged in their ear drum. I suffer from progesterone poisening and I will not hesitate to serve up a knuckle sandwich to the mouthy and ill restrained. After all, I'm unconvictable. No jury is going to convict a pregnant woman that is foaming at the mouth, mostly out of pity.

Babycenter.com says I should gain between 25 - 35lbs. If I end up putting on 35lbs, I may throw myself out a window. But according to the babies at The Babycenter.com I am already 1 pound over where I should be at this time to be on track for gaining 35lbs. I feel an anorexia flare up coming on.* Why? Why do they insist on setting me up for failure?

I may post a belly pic soon. Depending on if I can find a foxy cute preggo and leave a trail of Girl Scout cookies to my belly pic lair.

I leave you with a pic of the bug from 12 weeks


*I do not, nor have I ever had anorexia, although I've tried many times to pick it up.

1 comment:

AnxiousMummyto3 said...

Wow, that ticker looks cute. If it was me trying to do the same thing, it would take double that time. I am so techno-impaired. I agree, you are unconvictable! Plead progesterone frenzy!! Those comments are awful. I got something even better when carrying DD. Cos I had gestational diabetes I actually had to stick to a diet, which rocked, not! So people were *disappointed*. They'd take a look at me, then look again and go "oh, you haven't gotten that big yet." Like, please get fatter so we can roll out the insult vocab please! I would have given anything not to be on that diet & excercise regime.
Onto the belly pic-if you don't post one in here, will you email me one!! PUH-lease!
Lastly, the bug. OMG, how cute is s/he!! Absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my blog.
Love,
xxxooo