Monday, February 15, 2010

Sexy Valentine

9w6d
It's funny, as IF'ers we're just dying for the double lines. I hallucinated the double line on more than one occasion. Actually, I think I have hallucinated the last 9 weeks. Anyhow, once we get that coveted BFP it's all smooth sailing from there, right? Wrong. It's like Mother Nature will take any opportunity possible to kick us in the crotch over and over. Ad nauseum.

I received a swift kick in the crotch from Mother Nature on Thursday (9w2d). When Mother Nature gently reminded me who the puppeteer was and that I'd better play by her rules. One word sentence: Spotting. Is unacceptable. Creates fear, panic, and general spazmosis.

It was a very small amount. And I did not freak out (I swearz!). I very rationally and in my right mind called my doctor: "AH HALP!!" She told me to leave work for the day and come in the next day for an ultrasound. This is a recipe for one long night filled with tears and inconsolable wife.

The next morning we went in and found out the little bug was carrying on fantastically. We even got to see her/him move! Like a little penguin dance. Obviously baby has husbands rythm... ahem. Heart rate is up to 180.

Super effing fantastic, right? Right-ish.

Dr. Piece of Cake: You have placenta previa.

Me: Is that a designer bag or something?

Dr. POC: No.

She's not super worried about it (for now). She said it is the culprit for the spotting, which may or may not continue depending if the placenta moves or not in the next couple of weeks. She said most move by 20 weeks, so she doesn't anticipate a problem, but she is going to keep an eye on it.

She said it's most likely from my super fun surgeries last year. Yay. She wanted me to have a Rhogam injection just in case. You see, I haz de negative blood type while my honey haz de positive= even more fun than you already thought we were having (said while smacking myself over the head with a blunt object).

Until and if the placenta moves it's no hokey pokey between the sheets for me and my Valentine. No funny business for 7 days from the last day of spotting. How very romantic.

Just in case you want to smack yourself in the face with a placenta by now... here is an updated pic. It's amazing how it went from a shrimp, to looking more human in just a matter of days. Two arms and one leg, I am hoping there is another leg in there somewhere;o) no worries, the second leg was spotted on the US.

1 comment:

AnxiousMummyto3 said...

You crack me up, sweetie! Gotta say i love how humanoid that baby is looking. Gorgeous! Hope the previa gives you a break and you don't get any more scares like that. Yeah, I know it must be fun having to be banned from the bedroom, but oh well, it will all be worth it anyway.
Thanks, as always for all your comments.
xx