Thursday, April 8, 2010

Words that start with F

17w2d

Omg, I am such a bad blogger. I know this. Dare I say... things have been... quiet?

No, I don't dare say that. At all. It's like turning your back to the ocean. Get ready cause you are about to get ripped by a big one.

That was a far more graphic image than I intended. If you have a dirty mind. Like me.

My days have been filled with constipation. And thinking good thoughts about Number Two. And FIBER. Lots of motherFLIPPING FIBER.

Constipation = straining = spotting. Another delightful image. Not bad though, just like 2 drops, and only when I wipe. And I've been for a gazillion ultrasounds, so we know there's nothing wrong with the bug or his/her uterine playground.

Dr. POC: Drink more water.

Me: If I drink any more water I'm going to drown my baby.

Dr. POC: Eat more fiber.

Me: Not possible unless I add more meals to the day.

Dr. POC: Take stool softener.

Me: Did you just say stool?

So I tried the aforementioned SS because the spotting and constipation was sending me into delirium.

I will not go into another graphic story about poo. But I will give you two words: Soft Serve.

And the SS's were no more.

I am going to try Act.ivia. Has anyone had success with this?

I give you my word (because that is worth so much), my next several posts will not include TMI from the heiny department.

3 comments:

AnxiousMummyto3 said...

Don't slap me silly but I haven't that much experience with constipation, I only get it a little bit if I have to take a lot of codeine as a painkiller. I wish I had more advice to give sweetie but I seriously hope this works itself out son!
You poor thing!!
Love

Miss Tori said...

With my lap band, I tend to get constipated due to not a lot of fiber. My doc has recommended Miralax. However, not sure if it's okay for pregnant women, so you might want to check. It kicks in after about 3 days, then if taken daily, keeps you going. It doesn't taste weird or have a gritty feeling in your mouth. Maybe you can give it a shot.

Glad everything else is going well!

tireegal68 said...

Hi Kansas lady! You're funny! I love how you announced your pregnancy! Thanks for delurking and great to meet you! Your belly pic is great!